I know breastfeeding doesn’t work for everyone and I am 100 percent in support of whatever works best for anyone. But breastfeeding has worked out really well for me and I wanted to reflect on it, especially given the fact that I was quite ambivalent about it when I was pregnant.
A List of things I like/love about breast feeding:
– It is free! (especially for me, as I do not pump or use bottles)
– It is illustrative of how amazing the woman’s body is
– It is easy (finally, save for an early terrible case of mastitis, and sore nips)
– It is so convenient (no washing materials, no extra “stuff” needed)
– The bonding it provides is amazing
– You don’t have to worry if your baby is “getting enough;” he will take the lead (although type A personalities like me still worry)
– Along with the above, the nutritional content changes over time to adapt to your baby’s needs and growth
– It makes my baby happy!