So, this is a blog series that I am starting that will be focused around letting you in on random facts about yours truly. I have seen others do this and have found it interesting. You will either agree or not 😉 But judge. Definitely judge 😉
So, each Tuesday I will post five random facts about myself. Some have background stories and some are just that: random facts. I invite you to chime in and tell me random facts about yourself as well in the comments. Alright here goes the first episode of truth-day Tuesday…
Funny, this reminds me of a game I used to play with my new students each year that was called to truths one false. Each person would say two true things and one false thing about themselves and everybody would have to guess which was which. Only in this “game “all of them are true. Hmmm… Ok here we go:
1. Speaking of being a teacher, although I truly feel that this is what I was meant to be (other than on special assignment as a mommy to zach), I was actually an Accounting major for The first few years of my college life. One day I woke up, asked myself “what am I doing?” and walked right to the Registrar’s office to change my major to elementary education. Both of my parents were teachers, and I think that I was hesitant about following in their footsteps “because I thought I should” but that wasn’t it all. It was because I KNEW I should. I was BORN to be a teacher, whether it was “in my blood” or not. So, a couple summer sessions and years later I actually graduated on time as an elementary school teacher. True story. And I still use what I learned as an accounting major. I like math. It is concrete. Remember I am Type A.
2. I enjoy taking showers in the dark. Often times I find the most relaxing showers to be after Zachary goes to sleep. I like to turn the lights off. I don’t know it’s weird but it’s what I like.
3. I have extremely crazy dental hygiene issues. I floss and brush like it is my job. And on top of that, I go to the dentist by choice every three months to get my teeth cleaned. I used to have extreme dental phobia but decided to try “immersion therapy” in terms of going more often, and then I got hooked. More funny backstory to this: I met my dentist in Nordstrom where I used to work for my part-time gig (you know, because as I told you in #1 I’m a teacher and we make the big bucks), but that’s another story. I instantly clicked with his wife and started going to him even though his office is in Downingtown and I live in Center City Philadelphia. Hour drive. Seriously though, if you need a good dentist, email me. Oh, and I will be passing my crazy dental hygiene onto Zachary.
4. My favorite number is four. There is really no rhyme or reason to this, except that, I guess April is my favorite month and its number is four. My birthday is in April. So is Zach’s and other important events. This is going to sound super strange, but I just have always loved the number four. It’s very even (duh), I like the way it looks, it’s Just an all-around good number. Aaaanddd cue the weirdness 😉
5. I am extremely superstitious. I don’t think that outwardly I would appear to be so, but in reality I am. I knock on wood a lot. Really. I guess I am just super thankful for everything in my blessed life and I am aware at how quickly it can be taken away…so I knock on wood and the like. Because, you know, that works 😉
OK, so there was my first installation of “truth-day Tuesday.” I hope you enjoyed! Please share some random facts about you in the comments! We all like to share our
weirdness eccentricities. And here is your cute Zach pic for the day!