Red socks?! Got ’em!
Husband got them for me as a surprise, what a guy! So here is the status of my race: I am going to TRY to run Broad Street tomorrow. BUT in light of my recent health issues, I am going to be TAKING IT EASY, not attempting to PR and doing some things differently:
1. I bought a Nathan hydration belt that is bomb.com. One bottle I have filled (and refrigerated) with water, and one with G2. I will run with it and drink BOTH bottles DURING THE RACE
2. BEFORE the race, I WILL eat something so that I don’t bonk. I will try pb on half a bagel. YUM! This will lead me to…
3. DRINK WATER before the race.
4. DRINK A TON THE DAY BEORE. I have consumed about 2.5 liters of water today. WOW, was just googling how many ounces are in a liter. The recommended water intake is 64 ounces (8/8oz cups), about TWO LITERS! I will prob drink half a liter more before I go to bed.
5. I carbo-loaded today (thanks to bagels today)!
So, hopefully all of the aforementioned things will help me have a successful race, which for tomorrow, to me means to simply finish. I did NOT run this week, save for two miles yesterday in an attempt to try out the hydration belt. The last run I had was last week’s race, and then last Friday a long run of 9. So, I probably lost a bit of fitness, but I am truly doing the race tomorrow for the experience, the joy…and FOR BOSTON.