Well, well, well, what better way to re-enter the blog world than with a fun “Count down to the New Year” post. For real. In all honesty, my absence has been due to a plethora of things; some crazy, some good, and some not-so-good, but all-in-all, I am glad to be back and blogging to you! I am also looking forward greatly to the New Year! How is everyone celebrating theirs? We are going to Disney on Ice with Zachy this afternoon and I am excited to see how that goes! Should be interesting! I honestly have NO idea how he will react. He has never gone to a movie, and doesn’t watch TV longer than half an hour. But my parents are coming too so hopefully all will go well. I will let you know. Then tonight we are all laying low 😉 So I thought I would attempt to count down my favorite 12 (one per month) things/moments from this past year. What a challenge! It has been an amazing one; as my life has greatly been enriched since the addition of my beautiful son 🙂 Woah. Cheesy but true. So, here it goes!
12. Thanksgiving- so much to be thankful for!
11. The Rothman 8K with Moms In Training. Not only a PR for me, this race was a really special experience and running for our team hero meant so much to myself and the other Moms.
10. Generations Connect visits (the second Saturday of every month)- PLEASE email me if you are interested in coming with us! We go the second Saturday of the month and a good time is had by all. Our mission is to instill respect for the elderly through music, crafting and socialization. Find us on FB!
9. Christmas; especially our own tree decorating at home 🙂
8. The Leaf Photo Shoot at Grandma and Grandpa’s House. Funny story about this actually; if you are waiting for our holiday card still, don’t hold your breath. I ordered the cutest holiday cards ever featuring these pictures, but alas the company messed up and sent us a different family’s card and they have yet to respond to my inquiries! So here are the pics anyway 😉
7. Making New Friends (adult and babies). This year was an amazing one in terms of making new friends; ones that are REAL, GENUINE and forever. I am SO grateful and feel SO blessed. You know who you are 😉
6. Fun at Nest. I am SO thankful for my job at Nest. I am amazed each day by the greatness displayed there and am so proud to be a part of the family 🙂 Speaking of, check out this article about Nest that yours truly was quoted in 🙂
4. Zach’s discovery of ice cream (Ah-EEE)
3. Trips to the playground with Mema and Poppop
2. Special family visits
1. Random Moments at Home
Cheers to a wonderful blessed 2013. I cannot wait for all that 2014 will have to offer, although I can’t imagine it will get better than this 😉 Happy new year! xo