Hi everyone1 I HAD to share this insanely delicious recipe that I ripped out of my Mom’s magazine (can’t remember the name now). I have made this meal three times since (probably in about three weeks). It is THAT good. I will warn you, it is not the easiest recipe, but it is so worth it. Steps in easy terms:
1. Start rice.
2. Dump ingredients for marinade (see above recipe) in large Ziplock bag (adjust chili sauce for heat). Smoosh around (yup, that is a professional term; google it.)
3. Dump chicken thighs in – I used skinless boneless
4. Let sit for 30-60 min
5. Place on a sprayed cooking rack (I used a rack on top of a baking sheet to reduce mess)
6. Put in 450 degree oven for 15 minutes. As they are cooking, put the rest of the marinade that was left into a sauce pan. add a tsp of corn starch. Boil for three minutes to thicken.
7. After 15 minutes, brush the thighs with more of the marinade. Save the rest in the sauce pan.
8. Bake an additional 15 minutes or until thighs are cooked thoroughly.
9. Toss finished thighs in the rest of the marinade mixture.
10. Enjoy with rice, veggies or whatever your heart desires 😉
This is an amazing dinner that I HIGHLY recommend!
OK, so before I “sign off” for today, I must fill you in on my goals! So I killed two birds with one stone today:
1. SELF CARE- took a day off from running (also helps in preserving my running career)
2. FITNESS- stretched and did a few minutes of core
Oh, and this: