Hellooooo! I am SO looking forward to today; the day before my (hopefully not soggy) half marathon. After picking up my bib this morning,
Speaking of my cutie, this post is actually dedicated to my amazing babysitter. She deserves a post…maybe even a whole blog. We have had amazing lucky with babysitters. As you might surmise, I am incredibly paranoid about who I leave Zachy with, so at 9 months when I decided I was able to leave him with someone other than immediate family, I found a great way to procure a sitter: via the UPenn Nursing school e-news letter. Basically, you send an “ad” to the advisor, they put it in the newsletter and viola! Applicant upon applicant, each more qualified than the rest. The reason I went this route is because I have met a few of the nursing students there and they are super nice. I also wanted someone who was CPR certified and who liked kids (I narrowed my search to Peds nurses). As I said, I received MANY applications and resumes. I have NO idea how I sorted through them, but I think it was a schedule thing? I interviewed about 5 total. I found one that was quite good for a few months but then her schedule changed (always a major possibility with these girls) and I was in need of a new one. SO, I went through the process again and interviewed about 4 again. When I met our current sitter, I KNEW she was the one. I hired her on the spot. Here is what sold me: she had a 1.5 year old brother (clearly experienced), was respectful and sweet as pie, was studying to be a Peds PICU nurse (heart doesn’t get bigger than this), and all around I had a great gut feeling about her. Oh,and the kicker; I had been bringing Z to a class at Pennsylvania Hospital and she had apparently volunteered in it and REMEMBERED Zach from it (I then remembered her and her gentleness with the kids) and that pretty much sold me 😉 Anyway, our babysitter (D I will call her for privacy) has become a part of our family. I am SO blessed to have found her. She loves Zach like her own and we likewise love her as our own. D worked for us throughout her final semester at Penn. She then interviewed with CHOP for a much coveted position (as Peds nurse in PICU) and I KNEW she would get the job; because why wouldn’t they want an amazing soul like D on their staff, but I of course had mixed emotions because I thought we would loose her 😦 Thankfully, everything worked out: D got her dream job AND agreed to stay with us per her schedule! WIN WIN! When she gets her monthly schedule I book her for as many hours as possible. Boy are we happy; ESPECIALLY Zachy, who calls “Dadahn” his best friend. Now, what makes such a good babysitter? Well, obviously as I mentioned it helps that D loves Z so much an vice versa. But here are some other concrete things:
1. She is ALWAYS on time and reliable.
2. She is always willing to lend a hand if she can
3. She cares for our doggies as well
4. She cares for me 🙂 Always asking sweet questions about my life and getting to know me, cheering me on for races, etc.
5. She reports what Z eats because she knows I am cray cray
6. She takes and sends to me adorable pics of Z
7. She cleans up after him
8. She feels comfortable in our home and also brings him places
9. She takes Z to run errands for me (hellooooo Whole Foods lol)
10. She likes my baking
11. She is always thinking of Zach even when she isn’t here (she got him a gift from Disney!)
12. She has a GREAT imagination and plays SO well with Zach
13. When I come home, Z barely even notices because he is having such a good time
14. She reads him stories ALL THE TIME
15. She has gotten to know Zach and our family so well
16. She lives close
17. She doesn’t mind taking Z out in this nasty weather (even though she is a true Florida girl; she was so psyched about the snow)
18. She is beyond thoughtful
19. She is Zach’s best friend but recognizes that this might hurt my feelings so she makes him hug and kiss me 🙂 So sweet.
20. She leaves adorable notes on my white board
D is getting married later this year and all I can say is that her man sure is lucky. She is the sweetest, kindest BEST babysitter and person. She realizes that it isn’t easy to trust people with your most important treasure; your child. We are SO lucky. Thank you, D. xoxoxoox