Helloooo! I hope everyone is enjoying this gorgeous weather! I certainly am! I had a LOVELY (almost 6 mile) run today; one of my favorite routes; to the Ben Franklin Bridge, over to New Jersey and back. GREAT bridge for hill repeats as the bridge itself is about 1.5 miles across so you have a nice .75 mile hill repeat built in there accompanying the most gorgeous scenery.
ANYWAY, I wanted to do a little post about running the streets, as you might know I am quite the treadmill runner. Here are some reasons I “take it to the streets”:
1. To prep for races (gotta mimic race day)
2. To enjoy gorgeous weather
3. To remind myself that I AM A RUNNER (sometimes I worry that I wouldn’t be able to run without the spinning belt of the treadmill and running outside really builds my confidence as a runner especially when my pace is good).
4. When I have run out of TV shows to watch on my iPad while running
5. When the husband is home and can therefore watch Z while he is napping
So speaking of race day, I COMPLETELY didn’t realize how close Broad Street is (in a week!) and have not tapered ONE BIT. Recipe for failure. I had a SUPER stressful week and I tend to up the mileage as stress increases. SO, with that said, I NEED to start tapering! My knees have been aching a bit (a sure sign of over usage) and I REALLY want to run a successful race. Anyway, speaking of successful, I am TRYING to commit to more strength training. SO hard. I am aiming for twice a week…
And now for your daily dose of cuteness:
Zach said “STOP SIGN?” SERIOUSLY. SO close. SO cute.