Hi everyone! We are still down here in (super) SUNNY Florida and the topic of sun protection has been on my mind a lot lately and is sure is hard to escape down here. So, I am a bit of a freak about Skin Cancer for a lot of reasons, mainly because it is a Cancer that you can actively protect yourself against. I annually visit the dermatologist for a body check so to nip any potential issues in the bud. I also like to use the following products for both myself and my babies.
- Baby Sunscreen Wipes by MD Moms – Broad Spectrum Water Resistant Sun Screen Towelettes Made By Pediatricians- These are TRULY a must have. They are so so convenient, one wipe can cover an entire body and are fabulous for faces. I use them on myself as well. They are gentle and developed by pediatricians. I cannot recommend them enough. They slip right into your purse, diaper bag or even pocket! AND my kiddos do NOT mind them at all. Wiping can be SO much better than spraying. Less mess and more precise. Get them HERE! This is the cheapest I have found them ($16.95 for 20)
- Colorescience Sunforgettable Brush (SPF 30) Perfectly Clear Sparkle (Medium Shimmer)– I have talked about this baby before, but I am OBSESSED. I slip this in my purse, diaper bag or pocket wherever I go to apply at any time. It gives your face a lovely brush of light shimmer and protects on the go. I use it on my babies as well. I don’t really use it on the body, just the face as it works best for that. It also lasts FOREVER and doesn’t go bad, so it is worth the $40 price tag. Get it now! There are only 10 left!
- I play Unisex baby solid flap sun protection hat UPF 50+– When it comes to sun protection you really can’t get any better than this hat. The flaps cover the ears and back of neck (most sensitive and exposed parts) and the wide brim fully covers the face. I can’t recommend this hat enough. It is SO cheap ($9.99!)and has lasted TWO seasons for us! Such an irregularity for kid gear, especially in the swim category. Um…and they are too darn cute 🙂
- iPlay baby rash guard Unisex Long Sleeve– Another sun essential, this rash guard takes all of the worry out of skin protection. I have seen MANY a rash guard but these are the BEST. They are breathable and most importantly long sleeve! I don’t understand the ones that are short sleeve- doesn’t that miss the whole point!? Prices vary but are SO worth it.
- Aden and Anais Classic Muslin Swaddle Blankets– I take one of these babies EVERYwhere. It fits perfectly into ANY bag, I’ve even wrapped it around my waist when I’ve had no bag. These are PERFECT for sun protection. They are light and airy so kiddos can breathe, but shield the sun as well. I usually throw one over the stroller lid so the babes can sleep or sit in the shade. I LOVE these. I know the price is a lot, but We have used the same ones for FOUR years now! They wash and wear well.
OK! I hope you picked up a tip or two 🙂 Email me or comment with any additions or questions! Enjoy the sun and PROTECT your little ones and yourself.