Hellooooo! Long time no chat, eh!? So…moving sucks. Duh 🙂 But…I LOOOOVE our new home and FINALLY we are feeling somewhat settled. If you read my blog or know me, it will be no shock that I want things UNPACKED and settled ASAP. Well, life is life and life is real so that doesn’t always work out. So, I had a plan. I had an order of rooms that I needed/wanted to be unpacked FIRST. And I try to do ONE room at a time in TOTALITY.
- Boys’ rooms
- Play room/family room
- Living room
- Master Bedroom
As you can see, my MAIN priority was to get the boys things together and feeling settled. I truly feel that this helps with their transition to the new home. NO ONE like living among boxes (I don’t think????) and It can create a ton of anxiety, especially for the littles, so this was my reasoning for that. To update you, everything is pretty much done except number 5 (sorry babe!) which is ALMOST done minus my ridiculous amount of clothing that needs to be put into the master closet(s). Tee heeeeee!!!
So, I wish I could give you some tips on moving with 3 littles but, alas, I don’t really have any except…GET IT DONE AND KEEP EVERYONE ALIVE! LOL. It truly is a challenge no matter what. I actually found these Martha Stewart moving checklists to be super helpful and you might too! I have also purchased some fun new home items that I wanted to share from of course..Amazon! Here we go!
- Stoplight Sleep Enhancing Alarm Clock for Kids, Red and Blue Sports Car- Guys, the light comes in differently in this new house and so the littles want to get up when…they (NO ONE) should be up lol. This will hopefully help! I know there is an “OK to wake clock” that has been popular but I found this one with the digital clock and actual alarm built in of use was better. I also like the stop sign usage was better because it is so universal and it is something we already use with our kids (i.e.: RED boys!).
- Estilo Wall Mount Bag Saver, Holder, and Dispenser, High Quality Brushed Stainless Steel Storage Solution with an Extra Wide Opening for Easy Access to Your Bags- Guys, I just CANNOT with the random plastic bags shoved under my sink anymore. Not to mention it is a suffocation danger for the littles, is is SUPER unsightly. Hence, this contraption REALLY made my day 🙂 What a nerd!
- Zenna Home 9153WW, Cottage Collection Bathroom Tissue Stand, White– Without completely embarrassing anyone who lives in my house :), let’s just say this lovely and adorable TP stand has become a must. It is super cute and seemed easy to put together.
- Spectrum Mop & Broom Holder Color: White 2 Pack– FINALLY! I solution to mop/broom storage! When we were in Disney, the gorgeous condo we stayed in had this and I ordered it right away. A must have!
- New toaster! I got this simple but awesome Black and Decker one for less than 30 bucks! What I really liked, though, is THIS ONE because it has convection abilities too and is a 6-slicer 😉 My new oven is actually convection-abled so I didn’t need this one, but I thought it was a GREAL deal at less than 40 bucks!
- New entry way items- I was DONE with the constant losing of keys and mail piles all over the floor. I also was not a fan of the show piles (needless to say, these are very dangerous and tripping hazards) So in the new house, I made it a point to organize our entry way so to cut down on the mess. Our new entry way includes this storage/show bench, a mail organizer, a shoe bin and an “outside toy bin.” I know. Type A at its best. But TRUST me; walking into a neat entryway really is a game-changer 🙂
- This First Aid Kit- So, other than the baby fist aid kits I got when the littles were VERY little, I didn’t have a true first aid kit in my home or car and after getting my CPR and First Aid certification for Girls on the Run, I thought it was about time to do so. Get on this, people!
- Oh and on another non-related note (I was just perusing my Amazon order history), the dry shampoo that I use is the following: Rene Furterer Naturia. I literally get asked several times a week what kind of dry shampoo I use. I only wash my hair once a week and due to the major amount of running, etc, I need some maintenance between. This dry shampoo is THE BEST. Trust me, I have tried MANY.
Oh man, I would LOVE to do a home tour but I have to settle some privacy issues first (other people and things beyond my control)and then hopefully I will be able to show you all our gorgeous new home! Until then, check back soon for a running gear post that is long-overdue and reader-reccommended.