OMG you guys, today was it. A goose bump run. Any other runners have that? You know, that run where EVERYTHING is right, EVERYTHING feels good…so good, it gives you goosebumps.
In an attempt to check some July goals off, I decided to take my run outdoors today and combine a killer hill workout and outdoor tempo with a Ben Franklin Bridge Run. I LOVE running the bridge, and as I dread holiday traffic, it is SO MUCH nicer to be on foot and observe from above!
I have run the bridge before, in a race, and would for sure do it again. I HIGHLY recommend this run to locals. It is about 1.5 over and same back. Just as you feel like you might die from the hills, what goes up MUST come down and the downhill finally comes! So, back to today’s amazing run. Every breath brought me gratitude, every though brought me peace, and every step was a GIFT. And, I mean, those views!
OK! Now a fun little game: I always crack MYSELF up when my running playlist gets going because, well…it is SUPER random! OK, so Im going to list a line from each of the songs I heard today on my run and I want to see if you can guess the song. Remember- think RANDOM!
- “So sing along, lil mama, you aint gotta worry ’bout no drama, no.”
- “All of my kindness, mistaken for weakness.”
- “Only God can judge ya, forget the haters, cause somebody loves ya”
- “One likes to believe in the freedom of music!”
- “Got a wife and kids in Baltimore, Jack.”
- “If you a fly gal get your nails done. Get a pedicure, get your hair did”
- “If you try to knock me you’ll get mocked. I’ll stir fry you in my wok”
- “You can bury me alive, you can throw away the shovel. No matter how you try, I will rise above the rubble.”
- “When your best hopes and desires, are scattered to the wind, and hard times come, hard times go”
- “F@%$ hope, signed me”
OK, here are the answers:
- Up Up and Away (Kid Cudi)
- 45 Seconds (Rihanna, Pau McCartney, Kanye)
- We can’t stop (Miley)
- Spirit of Radio (Rush)
- Hungry Heart (Boss)
- Work it (Missy Elliot)
- Intergalactic (Beastie)
- Rubble (Nashville cast)
- Wrecking Ball (the real one, lol, BOSS)
- Quixotes Last Ride (Casting out)
SOOOO fun, right!?? OK, off to stretch it out! Enjoy this fabulous weekend! Oh, and this! Turns out our roof deck creates quite the viewing area for the fireworks!