Once upon a time, I thought it would be SUPER cool to be a “gift concierge.” Like legit. I wanted to start a business and do it; I am REALLY good at gifts (so I have been told). But once I had kids…ya know. The rest is history 🙂 BUT I still wanted to share my go-to gifts for all special occasions. I hope you find this useful, and, if you have received any of these “signature gifts” from me- sorry to spoil the effect:) Oh and also, most are from Amazon (prime, duh) so that you, too, can be as flaky as me and save your shopping…for the day of.
- Engagement– We used a post-pardom doula with both of our babies and we became super close to the owner of the business (another post for another time, but it is After the Stork). So, after she was finished working for us post-Zachary, she gave me a gift that I TRULY needed and never would forget; a ring holder. As she would make my bed, etc. she would see that my rings were strewn all over the place, akdsjlk to get lost (shocker) and so she gifted me with a lucky elephant ring holder. I LOVE IT. This gift has evolved greatly and now I get EACH of my newly engaged friends the below ring dish (only $12.99). I LOOOOVE it. So sweet and reasonable, any newly-engaged lady would love.
- New baby- OK, so the birth of a baby is special in ALL ways, most deserving of a VERY special gift! So, I like this type of gift to be SUPER personalized and sweet. A friend of mine makes these awesome shirts using an initial. She uses a contrasting fabric and stitching on a good-quality shirt and the results are fabulous. Anyone who has ever received this gift has been THRILLED. I LOVE these shirts! Email me or comment for more information on how to score one of these shirts for yourself!
- New home- similar concept to the ring dish, I am QUEEN of losing my keys. OK, let’s be honest, I am kind of Queen of losing everything. But particularly my keys. A very lovely man got me a special dish for my keys that I attempt to use for said purpose and I thought it would make an excellent housewarming gift, so this has become my go-to over the years. Now, here is the thing with a good “Key dish.” It can’t be to small with the new car fobs and whatnot, but it can’t be too big because that equals “dumping ground for crap.” So, the dish that I give people ($15.98) mimics the one that my man gave me, and has a beautiful print and sweet message that would be motivational for anyone (stop, smile, breathe, the world is beautiful).
- Birthday for a Friend- So, I feel like birthdays are a time to indulge! And even though we are not alcohol drinkers in our home, I can certainly appreciate its value 🙂 My go-to gift for birthdays are these awesome wine glasses. They have them stemless and stemmed. I tend to lean toward stemless especially for mamas as there is less spill risk. They only run about $15 and here are my three favorites: Good Day, Bad Day, Don’t Ask ($14.95) 6 piece silicone unbreakable wine saying glasses ($17.50) Don’t Judge me, Keep pouring (14.95)
- Crappy Day OR Congrats- Insomnia Cookie! My man has received many of these and they are the gift that keeps on giving if you live with the intended recipient 🙂 Um so holy yum here, guys. I usually go with the cookie cake that, with delivery, only costs about $20 and includes a cute saying on the cookie plus toppings 🙂 If your recipient lives outside the area of Insomnia, I HIGHLY recommend Hope’s Cookies although the delivery is not immediate as is Insomnia.
- Wedding- DUH, MONEY! But, I hate just giving someone a check. I love embedding a check in a special small gift, so here are my 2 go-tos (depending on the couple):While still on the topic of wine glasses, these are ones I have used to accompany a check for a wedding. Kinda love them. ($19.99) I know, I know, I’ve become quite the sap. I love this book and it is easy to slip a check into. Books like this make me super happy 🙂 ($15.05)
OK! Well, I hope this is helpful! I kinda love gifting if you can’t tell 🙂