Hello! I been prepping this post for a while now, actually since I ran Disney! So, in true upsanddownes fashion, I have decided to rock my keen knack for making up
dumb clever top ten lists, just like my Dad…
OK, so here it goes, TOP TEN LIST INSTALLMENT ONE:
THE TOP TEN Ways a hotel staffer knows a Disney Runner has Occupied the Room:
10. There are leftover Gatorade bottles in the fridge, on the floor, or wherever one might’ve “stopped, dropped and drank.”
9. There are bandaid wrappers (blister busters, I call ’em) scattered about (along with a possible smelly sock that got left). EW. No pic needed; that visual was enough for me even!
8. There are empty plastic bags with various “trashed” race flyers, coupons, etc.
7. Combining the empty wrappers from sport products (GU, sport beans, etc.) could easily re-create the waste of an entire aisle of ________ (insert favorite neighborhood running store here).
6. CORDS CORDS EVERYWHERE- oh, we’ve all left a random camera or Garmin charger (lesser-known to hotel employees usually and can be contrued as a torture device) in the socket…or not
5. The empty pizza box…yup carb loading is BEST when combined with cheesey goodness (that’s only my
4. The safety pins…Runners, need I say more?!?!
3. Random post-race garb such as the lone compression sleeve, recovery sock or ace bandage…
2. The glitter, bobby pins and everything else princess-y used to get princess-a-fied
AND THE NUMBER ONE WAY A HOTEL STAFFER WOULD KNOW A DISNEY RUNNER HAS OCCUPIED THE ROOM IS…
1. The random tutu left on the floor (kinda gives it away)
HAHAH I crack myself up! Do I crack YOU up?!?! 🙂 Add your own to my list!